Each piece of Geovin Furniture is crafted for a lifetime of beauty and use. Our finishes are resistant to minor everyday hazards; however, some precautions are necessary to maintain the beauty of your wood furniture.
- Keep furniture away from direct sunlight and heat, as well as humidity and liquid, as they can harm and/or change its appearance.
- Fluctuating temperatures can cause wood to swell and shrink, so an environment with consistent temperature and humidity is recommended.
- Never place anything hot onto a wooden surface as it can cause discoloration.
- Keep wooden furniture away from air vents, humidifiers, and fireplace.
- Wood furniture is susceptible to scratches, so we recommend using felt pads on the bottom of items with bases, feet or bottoms.
- Use coasters all the time for glasses.
- Avoid using silicone waxes, lemon oils or other oily polishes. Do not use commercial cleaning products containing ammonia, alcohol, or petroleum.
- Avoid dragging the furniture when moving it.
- Never write on a piece of paper directly on top of the wooden surface.
- Spilled liquids should be wiped immediately from the surface with a soft, slightly damp cloth, in the direction of the grain.
Your Geovin furniture should not require any other care than routine dusting and occasional cleaning with a damp cloth of mild, soapy, warm water, followed by immediate drying with a clean, soft cloth. Clean the surface by rubbing in the direction of the grain.